South of Seattle and East of Tacoma, Puyallup, Washington, is in the shadow of Mount Rainier. There are many tourism opportunities, including boating on the Puget Sound to hiking in Mount Rainier National Park to exploring the surrounding cities. For a day trip, we suggest:
- Wild Waves Theme Park is the largest amusement park in the Pacific Northwest. With attractions such as roller coasters, water rides, a children’s area, a zip line and spinning tea cups, there is something for the whole family.
- The Tacoma Regional Convention and Visitors Bureau offers links for all of the attractions, entertainment, restaurants and accommodations the city has to offer.
- Mt. Rainier State Park is one of the oldest parks in America and surrounds Mount Rainier. Visitors can explore waterfalls, trails, meadows, the mountain, forests as well as many glaciers.
- The Washington State Fair takes place annually and features a rodeo. Visitors can ride on carnival rides and roller coasters, see 4-H exhibits, view the animals, watch concerts and attend events throughout the week.
- The Daffodil Festival takes place each spring, including the Daffodil Festival Grand Floral Parade which travels through Puyallup.